by Matthew Skelton and Manuel Pais
What I Liked The Most
- Clear explanations on the relationship between Organization Design and Software Architecture: Conway’s Law and Reverse Conway Maneuver.
- Descriptions of 4 fundamental Team Topologies to enable the fast flow of software delivery: Stream-Aligned, Platform, Enabling, and Complicated Subsystem teams.
- Pragmatic recommendations to take into account a team’s sustainable Cognitive Load.
What Important Lessons I Learned
- Involve software architects when thinking about team organization.
- Use of simple visual shapes to collaboratively discuss teams and their interactions.
- Reshape teams’ organization with the evolution of maturity and context changes.
The book and its companion website teamtopologies.com provide many industrial case studies. This is how I discovered the very interesting monthly newsletter 0800-DEVOPS, by Ivan Krnic (CROZ).
#teamtopologies #organizationdesign #softwarearchitecture #conwaylaw #teamfirst #cognitiveload